Sunday, May 11, 2008

Nikola Tesla

A couple days, I finished reading a fascinating biography of Nikola Tesla by Margaret Cheney. The title is Tesla: Man Out of Time. Prior to reading this book, I had no idea that I would be reading a biography of someone who was a real genius. I was astonished to learn more about Tesla's most important inventions such as radio, X-ray, fluorescent light, etc. Actually, he was a pioneer of fluorescent light and it didn't become standard until a few decades later. Other inventors have claimed that they, not Tesla, invented radio and X-ray. A couple years after Tesla's death, the Supreme Court ruled that radio was invented by Tesla. Too bad, Tesla was so indifferent on patenting some of his inventions. I believe that some of Edison's patented inventions don't belong to him.

I would highly recommend you to read this book if you are interested in learning about Tesla, his inventions, and his life. The book may be a little technical but it's very enjoyable.

No comments: